[meteorite-list] Free Gemjars and Specimen containers - first responder only

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:36:25 -0500

Hi Folks!

I have an accumulation of used gemjars that I have no use for, but I
don't want to throw them away.

These gemjars have label/tape residue and marker writing on them. I
don't really have the time or inclination to clean the residue and
writing off of them, so I'd like to give them away to someone who can
use them.

The first person to respond to this message will receive the gemjars
with no obligation. I will pay shipping to anywhere in the world.

Some of the jars are small (1-inch), some are large (1.25"). Some
have white foam, some have black foam. A few of them are the square
type of containers you don't see too often. There about a dozen of
them.

For the record (to other dealers) - it's best (IMO) to put a small
paper label inside the gemjar, under the foam, facing outwards through
the bottom of the gemjar. This way the specimen can be easily
identified by flipping over the jar and the container can easily be
re-used by the buyer for other specimens. Maybe I am just nit-picky,
but I hate it when I receive a gem jar that is taped closed and has a
sticky-label or permanent marker writing on the bottom - it renders
the jar difficult to reuse for other specimens without spending a fair
amount of time cleaning the residue/writing off. Also, the good
quality gemjars have tight fitting lids and don't need to be taped
closed. If the lid won't stay on without tape, then it's a subpar
gemjar or the specimen is too big for that container. If you just
stick a paper label under the foam, the buyer can easily remove it and
recycle the gemjar.

As an added bonus, I will include a couple of free meteorite
micromount specimens - not common ones, but some rare types.

Best regards,

MikeG