[meteorite-list] Ad New Meteorite books for sale

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:11:10 -0700

Hi All
I have recently picked up a couple of new meteorite books. The first
is Alain Carion's 3rd edition of his fantastic works Meteorites. This
edition has been completely updated with many new color pictures. The
cost is now $20 which is quite a bargain for this glossy high quality
71 page softcover book. It is a great book for novices as well as
seasoned collectors so be sure to order it quickly as my supplies are
limited.

The second book is The History of Meteoritics and Key Meteorite
Collections (2005). This massive 502 page hard cover book is filled
with loads of information about the history of meteorites/meteoritics.
The last book to cover this topic so extensively was Cosmic Debris in
1976 by John Burke. It also includes several sections on the history
of several of the larger meteorite collections around the world. I
only had two disappointments with the book; first the ASU collection
is not included and second was the initial price. It still sells for
around $200 per copy. But I managed to pick up 5 copies still in the
original wraps for a much lower price. I will sell them for for a
limited time at $90 each!

Here is a pdf showing the first 10 pages of the book;
http://sp.lyellcollection.org/cgi/issue_pdf/frontmatter_pdf/256/1.pdf

As an additional incentive buy either copy of the books and get free
shipping in the USA. If you buy both books with free shipping in the
USA plus get an additional free copy of Carion's second edition. In
other words $110 for 3 fantastic books that are valued at nearly
double this price.

Mike

Mike Jensen Meteorites
16730 E Ada PL