[meteorite-list] Non magnetic meteorites

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:49:52 -0600

Good ole schizophrenia. How do you deal with it when it comes knocking? What do you say to a madman that insists he has a meteorite or tektite in hand when he's staring you in the eye at your front door raging in your face?

It's very uncomfortable having to tell someone with a dozen pieces of plastic they found in their field after seeing lights drop them there, that they are only parts of old toys, even when you show them the identical rubber tractor toy wheels on a toy in your collection, from the 50's that must have washed out of a small garbage dump... gasp...

After all the cards and flyers I've circulated they all know where I live so I must invite them in. The price we pay for science :)