[meteorite-list] Pictures of earth

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:45:08 +1100

These are easily my favourite Earth images!

However they are not by Astronaut Sunita Wiklliams... rather they are a
famous composite of images known as "Blue Marble 2002". They were taken by
the MODIS satellite through 2001 and later stitched together by NASA. More
details and downloads are available here:

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/BlueMarble/BlueMarble_2002.php

If you have never taken a look through NASA's Earth Observatory website, I
highly recommend it. There are many, many beautiful images of the Earth from
Space.

Cheers,

Jeff