[meteorite-list] Impact catalogues, anyone?

From: ensoramanda at ntlworld.com <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:30:36 +0000

Terry,

As James says there are many places documented where falls have occurred and meteorites can still be found.

They are not necessarily found near the large documented craters due to ages of the craters or the fact that the impactors were mostly completely vapourized....more likely to be found in historical strewnfields that fell to earth much more gently and survived.

Coordinates are usually given to falls here...

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php

Graham