[meteorite-list] Cause of the current snow ..... Tunguska?

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:03:36 -0800 (PST)

Martin and List,

Thank you for the link about Tunguska event and?how that might be causing global temperatures to rise in recent times. Here is a link on a paper written by Vladimir Shaidurov suggesting that Tunguska might be to blame for global warming.

?
http://www.math.le.ac.uk/RESEARCH/APPLIED/VISITORS/MA-05-15--shaidurov.pdf

Shawn Alan

[meteorite-list] Cause of the current snow
Dark Matter freequarks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:08:36 EST 2010

Yea. But I just wish Montana used the same sun as everyone else. It's
been balmy here and our snowpacks are at record lows. There is green
grass out my window right now. Seeing bald mountains, unfrozen lakes,
and ice free rivers in Montana in February is a little unnerving. Not
to mention the college students in shorts and tee shirts. (I didn't
mean that how it sounded)

Ahh, but what about meteorites you say?

Here's a link that made the rounds four years ago.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/03/060314170208.htm

As I see it, Tunguska was 1908, and Sikhote-Alin was 1947 so we are
about 24 years overdue for another big trundra melter.

-Martin

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, John higgins <geohiggins at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think the cause of the extremely cold winter is due to the extreme Solar Minimum. The climate on Earth is directly affected by the activities of the Sun. Look into solar cycles, and the effect on climate change, there is more to it than you would think.

> John Higgins

?
[meteorite-list] Cause of the current snow
GREG LINDH geeg48 at msn.com
Thu Feb 11 13:54:40 EST 2010