[meteorite-list] WWND?

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:52:32 -0500

Hi Martin,

Thank you for expressing your thoughts so eloquently and bringing much
perspective to the table on this issue.

But it's a delicate balance. Because you can also lose persons who can
contribute to the list by driving them away by all of the off topic posts,
no matter who posts them. And when all of the wise elders become inactive
for one reason or anohter - sometimes tragic reasons - who remains to carry
their torch if you drive new people away?

we can
> loose the great personalities in our midst, and that sometimes we need
> to savor the messenger and not stumble about whether or not the
> content of the message is personally appropriate.

Mark