[meteorite-list] Lorton Meteorite

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 22:17:02 -0800 (PST)

But at the same point and time, who was liable for payment for the damage caused? Should they not be the ones to keep the material that caused the damage as they had to pay for the repair, they should keep what did it.
The woman who was hit by the meteorite did not have the legal right to keep it, if I recall correctly, it was also a fall and not a find.
"The soil" has been shown many times over to include what is ON the soil and often under it (unless you live in states that only allow you ownership to a certain depth and no mineral/mining rights)

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites