[meteorite-list] Lorton Meteorite

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 16:49:51 -0500

Phil,
I assume from this bold statement that you either have inside information or you are not familiar with the American legal system.
Most people including myself agree that you are probably right and the past precedent says it belongs to the landlord. . The Smithsonian and the Doctors are not convinced or this matter would be over wouldn't it? This looks like it is going to be challenged in court. If this changes the precedent it might make this particular meteorite very important for a chondrite. It is definitely worth the challenge for the doctors. Plus keep in mind the Smithsonian might have there own lawyers involved. How do they say it. "It aint over till the fat lady sings." Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax