[meteorite-list] Guns

From: meteoritefinder at yahoo.com <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:12:42 -0800 (PST)

Lots of chatter on this. Please forgive this semi -off topic post.

I am not making a "soap box triade " here. And for the record, I too grew up with guns as my Dad was a big hunter ( but I never liked killing anything so I never was a hunter). I do however own a pistol and a rifle, for whatever that has to say.

About 2 years ago, my wife went to a local Firehouse Sandwich in a VERY "resectable" part of town at roughly 8:30 pm to get my 2 sons some late supper. The next thing I knew, my phone rang from that place. The voice on the phone said my wife was OK (thank God) but they had just been robbed by two armed "men". My wife had been forced to get down on her knees while a "man" held a gun to her head while the robbery was taking place. My life could have ended right there along with her's but thank God they did't pull the trigger! I have to say that after that, it entered my mind that I wished guns had NEVER been invented.

Sent from my iPhone