[meteorite-list] Don't let them take away your guns... meteorites will be next!

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:48:40 -0700

Jason posted:

> My thoughts on the subject is that those were very stupid photographs.

Dear Listees:

Regarding the joke photo taken the other day: The owner of the 9 mm,
and Libby, and myself all double checked that it was not loaded. We
are all trained in firearm safety and know what we're doing. At no
time was the pistol pointed at Blaine or myself. The photo was
cleverly staged by Greg to make it appear as though the gun was aimed
at us.

Different people obviously have different views about firearm
ownership. Some dealers in AZ choose to keep firearms in their show
rooms to protect their valuable stock. That is perfectly legal in
Arizona.

Those of us working the show typically put in 12 to 14 hours per day,
for about sixteen consecutive days. We try to blow off steam and have
some fun in the evenings. Having a laugh does not involve putting our
friends in any type of danger. I'm sorry that some List members were
offended by the image.

IMO, the 2010 gem show is considerably more interesting than a debate
about firearms.

Respectfully,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org