[meteorite-list] Firearms related posts on a meteorite list

From: John Gwilliam <jkg2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 07:25:29 -0700

I've kept quiet on this subject up to now, but since several members
won't let it die a decent death, here's my perspective.

Kudos to Robert Ward!!!

Take a different look at these pieces of metal, wood and plastic.

I am sensitive to the overall gun issue but believe they are simply
another tool that can be used for good and bad purposes. Guns in the
right hands can do marvelous things. In the hands of Allied forces
in the 1940's, these "tools" liberated Europe from a fate that I
shudder to think what might have been. Over 300,000 American boys
picked up these "tools" and made the sacrifice to free many nations,
who couldn't do it themselves, from the horror of dictatorship and genocide.

Back to lurking,

John Gwilliam