[meteorite-list] Question about lost shipment and what to do.

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:33:01 +0100

Many years ago I had a meteorite rock?n roll back and forth from "Down Under", one complete roundtrip and another one way trip over the Pacific Ocean, half around the globe, after it finally safely arrived. This was all due to some really minor problem at my destination here, where the post office usually doesn?t hold it for longer than 7 days once a first attempt of delivery to the private address fails, because the addressee is in the office and not at home at time of delivery, so in the wrong place at the wrong time...

On another occasion I waited for more than three weeks for a small delivery from a dealer based in our neighbour country Switzerland, which is very close in geographical distance, but is not one of the EU countries, so goods are often delayed because of (sometimes) tough customs controls.

Well, Mike, what I want to say to you: don?t give your meteorite up! It is likely that it will turn up again, one or the other way. I?ll keep my thumbs pressed...

Have a nice Christmas time all, a happy New Years Eve, and a good start into 2011!

Alex
Berlin/Germany