[meteorite-list] eclipse is underway....

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 01:24:51 -0600

Eclipse On Demand:

I have cloud cover so thick there wasn't
even a bright spot behind the clouds.
Might as well be no Moon at all. I Googled
up long list of live streaming eclipse feeds.

Every one timed out, failed to connect,
server cannot find. Guess it's Supply and
Demand: more eclipse watching than there
is eclipse to go around.

Open Google Earth. Switch to Google Sky.
Open list of Layers. Uncheck everything
but SLOOH camera. Double-click SLOOH
layer. You get a box with live camera B&W
image of Moon about the size of my thumbnail,
little smaller. Very abstract, but live... Double-
click on SLOOH image, you get a blank screen
which will refresh eventually with a still image.

The image can then be re-opened in Firefox from
a tab inside the Google Earth window (upper right).
Hey! The image is almost 3" across and refreshes
periodically, but eclipses don't race anyway. Still
pretty abstract, but it's warmer than real thing.

Sterling K. Webb