[meteorite-list] Holiday Wishes/ Larry and Twink Monrad's Costa Rican Adventures

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:50:49 -0600

Larry and Twink of Gold Basin fame sojourned last month to visit me
here at La Quintana de Costa Rica, my Bed and Breakfast. Besides
visiting live volcanoes and monkey beaches, meteorites were "on the
menu". Twink uber-generously shared a few self-recovered Gold Basin
specimens with me for which I am thrilled to add to my collection.

To warm the thoughts of everyone as the Winter Equinox approaches, the
Monrads' agreed I could post these two photo albums of their
adventures in this tropical country south of Nicaragua.

At the conclusion of the second Webshots album, I included photos
taken off of the TV screen from the video we watched one night shot of
the Tucson show in 2000.

If you are interested in reminiscing (and remembering how good looking
we all were back then), there are cameo guest shots of:

- THE Steve Arnold
- Anne Black
- Michael Blood
- Mike Farmer
- Robert Haag
- Russ Kempton
- Kevin Kriegh
- Jim Kriegh
- LaBenne brothers
- Al Lang
- Mike Martinez
- Richard and Dorothy Norton
- Darryl Pitt
- Blaine and Blake Reed
- and Jim Strope.

Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year that's
rich in falls and finds.

>From Nine Degrees North,

Kevin Kichinka
www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com
www.LaQ-CostaRica.com

After you click on each link (this is parts one and two), look for the
box on the right, then click on "slideshow" to activate. Mouse down
one click to read the caption beneath each photo.

http://family.webshots.com/album/579251393nwAcWd

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/579250218nujjmz