[meteorite-list] Good read about the moon being captured by Earth

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:43:13 -0500

Greetings,

The Earth capture theory creates a lot of problems due to the size of
the Earth/Moon system. I believe it is physically impossible. It has
long been discarded as a viable theory.

More likely an impact occured with the Earth during formation. At least
that is the most logical idea put forth so far.

I guess that bad ideas are defended until the death of the person that
generated the idea. Tektites also come to mind.

--AL Mitterling