[meteorite-list] OT: Frustrated

From: Guenther <abe.guenther_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:48:16 -0500

Hi Jim,

I had the same problem at first. The problem was on my end. My email
settings are set to automatically send emails in HTML format. That's the way
I like it for day to day emails. When posting to a newsgroup I always have
to make sure that I double check that I am sending in Plain Text before
posting. Sometimes I forget and the message doesn't get posted. It should be
posted within a few seconds and when it doesn't I know I made the mistake.
If any of yours ever got posted if they were in HTML format, it would only
have been because Art made the correction and posted it on your behalf.

The only other thing I can think of that would keep your messages from
getting posted immediately is that it is stuck in Art's SPAM filter waiting
to be authenticated as legitimate. In which case, either the posting itself
or your email address may have been flagged. This can happen due to many
reasons and each email server's SPAM filter settings are different. Once an
email address is flagged, it is a manual process to allow that email address
to be delivered normally. Maybe ask Art if your email address is flagged.

I hope this helps.

Abe Guenther