[meteorite-list] O. Richard Norton - Facebook "Inspiration" Feature

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:52:58 -0500

Hi Listees,

If you are not a Facebook type, then you can just stop reading here
and delete this. :)

This is for those of you who have the new FB profile pages... (they
are in the process of rolling them out now, so you might now have it
yet)

On your Info part of the profile, they is now a spot to name people
who inspire you. And when you put in a person's name, FB pulls a page
of information from Wikipedia to make a FB Info page for that person.
FB also makes a thumbnail photo of the person appear on your profile
that is clickable and will take you to the FB Info page for that
person. (Assuming there is an image available in the Wikipedia entry)

If there is no Wikipedia entry (or if it's an image-less stub) on the
person who inspires you, FB will put up a generic "non-image"
thumbnail.

You can list several different people who inspire you and I currently
have 3 or 4 people who figure prominently in meteoritics. But I when
I try to add O. Richard Norton, there is no image and no FB Info page.
 I think this is selling Mr. Norton short. He has inspired many of us
greatly, and it's only fitting that he has a FB thumbnail image and
Info page.

Is there someone on this List who can create a proper Wikipedia entry
for Mr. Norton and upload a photo to it? It is almost impossible to
find an avid meteorite collector or hunter who was not inspired by
Rocks from Space. And those who were lucky enough to know Mr. Norton
in person can surely attest that he should have a FB Info page.

If someone could please do this and then notify this List afterwards,
that would be great. And it would be a fitting way to memorialize Mr.
Norton in a network of a quarter-billion people - some of whom might
see this FB Info page and get curious about the man.

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Meteorite Top List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com