[meteorite-list] Off topic- the weather IS getting worse + On topic Geminid pic

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:34:35 -0700

Keep in mind that the longer your exposure, the less sensitive you will be
to meteors. For maximum sensitivity to meteors, you'd like your exposure
time to be no longer than a typical meteor lasts- say a couple of seconds.
Anything more and you'll start losing fainter events. But with most cameras,
if your exposure gets too short you spend more time between exposures than
you do imaging the sky, and you start missing meteors or catching partial
trails. 30 seconds is probably a good compromise.

Using video is another solution. It maximizes sensitivity, but at the
expense of total pixel count.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory