[meteorite-list] Melting glaciers

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 21:46:09 -0700

Glaciers flow downwards fairly quickly. The lifetime of the ice is pretty
short. Combine that with their small surface area, and I don't think there's
any reason to expect them to harbor meteorites.

If you were going to look anywhere, it would be in their terminal moraines,
where material in the glacier will have been accumulating for thousands of
years. But I doubt even that would be very fruitful.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com