[meteorite-list] Reverse Electrolysis (Electrolitic Reduction)

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:35:43 -0700

Dear List,

Thank You all who emailed me their experiences and experiments with
the Electrolitic Refuction process with iron meteorites. It looks like
I need to make just one change in my 'current' setup that I use for
shipwreck artifacts, basically not using copper wire to wrap the
meteorite with.

Since I will be running the process on a couple complete Mounionalusta
stones it will take longer than slices so it will be interesting to
see if it helps to keep them whole for the process or not. After the
process is complete, I will keep one whole and the other will be cut
then compare the stability of them over time.

Best Regards,
Greg Hupe