[meteorite-list] David's NWA 6155 - a CK4 with W0 and TKW 53 grams

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 05 Dec 2010 16:21:58 UT

Hello List,

Yesterday my young German fellow meteorite collector David G. offered nine slices
of his very fresh, carbonaceous chondrite NWA 6155. It was classified by Tony Irving
as a CK4 with a TKW of only (!) 53 grams.

Those of you who have already seen the pictures David has taken of this carbonaceous
beauty, can, without a doubt, confirm that this *is* a fresh CK4 (hence W0!) and its
extremely low TKW certainly make it worth a closer look and a desirable addition to
one's collection!

Even though the online Meteoritical Bulletin says it is a CK5, it is actually a CK4
(Tony Irving, pers. comm. with David). This is your chance to acquire a stunningly
fresh CK4 chondrite. Our young student from Saxony would certainly appreciate it!

Of the twenty-nine CK4 chondrites from NWA hitherto listed in
the Bulletin, none has been assigned a weathering degree of W0:

W0 = none
W0/1 = one
W1 = four
low = 2