[meteorite-list] NASA Finds New Life Form

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:20:42 -0800 (PST)

I saw a show on one of the educational channels over a year ago which discussed
the bacteria living in poisonous Mono Lake. They nearly touched on this very
issue when discussing extremaphiles. Look at how small (~1 micron) the bacteria
is. I remember this being one of the reasons for discounting the fossils in ALH
84001 which were said to be too small to support DNA.

I am waiting patiently for them to announce the too numerous to count organized
elements in NWA 998 which is the subject of intense study right now. I thought
this would be announced this year as they predicted at the begging of the year.

Best Regards,

Adam