[meteorite-list] Any irons/stony-irons linked to known stones?

From: barrat at univ-brest.fr <barrat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:37:19 +0200

Hi,

at present, excepted winonaites with IAB irons, no known group of iron is
connected to a group of achondrite.

The situation is slightly different for mesosiderites and pallasites. The
silicate portion of the mesosiderites is certainly linked to HEDs but the metal
and the silicates are not genetically linked. Concerning pallasites, they have
been considered to be linked with IIIAB irons, but that's really unlikely (see
the recent paper in PSRD by Scott...).

Again, it is unlikely that the large impact basin in Vesta displays the core of
the body...

cheers

Jean-Alix