[meteorite-list] new Barratta thin-section pix at http://www.qmig.net/thinsection

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:41:35 +1000 (EST)

Listoids

As promised - I have had a new thin-section of Barratta made... you may
recall that the earlier museum slide I borrowed was very old and
discoloured and difficult to focus because of uneven-ness of the slide...

Barratta has a special place in my heart - for those of youse who don't
know it was the first meteorite found by the Europwean settlers in
Australia and thus arguably a must-have specimen in any historic or other
collection

So - new thin-section pix of Barratta at http://www.qmig.net/barratta2

Index for the thin-section project at http://www.qmig.net/thinsection

You'll notice I've only uploaded images of Barratta at 20x and 50x - more
at 100x and 200x next week

And some more update/s with some spectacular slides next week - I won't
let the cat out of the bag and tell you which ones just yet

My thanx to the few very few who have loaned a couple of thin-sections and
specimens - if you can assist the thin-section project by loaning any
interesting or pretty slides please contact me off-list

Best