[meteorite-list] Magnet canes are evil DONT THINK SO!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

These permits are free, just a huge hassle in order to get one. They want to
know everything about your visits afterward on reports that need to be sent in.

Stay out of any area that requires a permit if you do not have one. We learned
the hard way. Our team was snitched out by a competitive hunter from L.A. when
we did not know you needed permits. A gate leading to a lake bed was left open
with the permit required signs on the back of it obscured when we went through
it. When we tried to exit the lake bed at the end of the day, the gate was
closed and a BLM truck on the way. Needless to say, this catch em alive trap
worked very well. I now research every area I enter and look carefully for
signs. If I see a BLM truck, I ask questions first.

Best Regards,

Adam