[meteorite-list] Help please. How to get large pieces Weighed

From: Fred Bieler <fcb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:58:16 -0500

Consider a FedEx shipping location or a retailer who ships via FedEx
regularly. The electronic shipping scales FedEx supplies to us measure up to
75 pounds with two decimal place accuracy. I just weighed a letter on one.
It weighed 0.05 pounds or 8/10ths of an ounce. This agreed with a separate
postal scale, so the FedEx scale seems to be fairly accurate. They probably
have higher capacity scales at a FedEx shipping store, as they take parcels
up to 150 pounds.

Fred Bieler
Astronomics/Christophers, Ltd./Cloudy Nights
www.astronomics.com
800.422.7876