[meteorite-list] Cutting/Polishing services

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:34:13 -1000

Aloha list members,

Sorry the original post slipped by me, but wanted to concur with Steve that Mike Gilmer's cutting and polishing services are top notch. He puts extra care and consideration in his work, which shows in the quality of the material that leaves his shop. Many of my offerings on ebay and the Big Kahuna website have been prepared by Mike and I've received many compliments from my customers, but ultimately the kudos should go to him.

gary

On Aug 21, 2010, at 7:26 AM, Galactic Stone & Ironworks wrote:

> Also, I am offering my cutting and polishing services to any meteorite
> collectors who have stony or stony-iron specimens in need of cutting.
> Perhaps you want a specimen sliced, windowed, or a type specimen
> removed for classification. As long as your specimen is no bigger
> than 3-inches at it's widest dimension, I can cut it. I have cut and
> polished specimens for other dealers and several collectors, and I can
> provide references and photos of my work on request. I can do just
> cutting without sanding, or I can sand/polish all the way to 1500 grit
> and beyond, for a true glassy-smooth finish.
>
> See this link for more info about cutting -
> http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-cutting-services-i-cut-your-meteorite

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites (IMCA#1693)
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, Hawai'i 96720