[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - August20, 2010

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:05:26 -0700

Hi List, Bob, Rob,

Sorry it's taken me this long to respond on such a momentous occasion.

A BIG CONGRATS to Bob on his first meteorite find! Awesome!

I had the pleasure of meeting and hunting a short while with Bob in WI
and was impressed with his tenacity and interest in meteorites. Also, it
might have been harder for Bob to hunt than us short people. He's a tall
dude! Perhaps it's harder to see meteorites from that high up? ;) When I
first spoke with Bob in the fields of WI he had not slept much and was
working on very little sleep since Rob and him had made the decision to
head to WI for the hunt, yet he was out there in the fields searching
like all the rest of us.

Now, to hear that he found his first meteorite is GREAT NEWS! I'm
excited for him, and know that feeling.

Congratulations again Bob on your first meteorite!

Regards,
Eric