[meteorite-list] Holbrook Question

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:58:53 -0700

Hi all,
        In yesteryear I knew by heart exactly haw far past the town of
Holbrook and what exit to take off HWY 40 to get to the Holbrook strewn
field, what road to fallow after that and for how far, then when to turn
left and park anywhere along the old broken down barbed wire fence
(is it still there?) and how far (.3mi?) it was to the rail cross over by
where the old train station used to be.
        Now this is all a lost memory and someone recently asked me
For instructions on how to get there.
        I bet a lot of people on the list would love having this info
As well, as Holbrook seems to be one of those areas you can hunt
To your heart's content without bothering anyone or being in any
Way hassled, etc.
        Please, someone with the knowledge, post exit name and detailed
Directions from HWY 40 to the strewn field.
        Thanks a bunch, Michael
PS: I would have asked for it off list, but I do believe many list members
Would like to have this info.
PPS: Anyone planning to go there for the first time, the town of
Holbrook MUST have the cheapest motels in all the US - and they
Get cheaper as you go if you enter from the west side and drive what
Is basically the main street shaped like a giant horse shoe - last time
I was there they started at like $19.95 and dropped from there!