[meteorite-list] Hello Everyone ^^

From: Brittany Ermel <lunacygems_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:20:43 -0600

Hey Everyone I'm Jesse.

Just thought I would say hello and let you all know I'm new to the
list + Meteorites overall.

I got into Meteorites about a month ago and it has been non stop sence ^^.

It all started with me and fossils a long time go when I was a kid and
my father took me to a local gem show and I remember I saw a Meteorite
and i asked my Dad * Hey Dad what is that thing?* but he did not know
=P

Then I saw Steve and Geoff on TV and at first I thought it was pretty
cool and my Dad even got into watching the show. *Also Nice job Steve
and Geoff and nice finds!* and also at first it made this kinda spark
in me but I never looked into it all ect. until one day i was making
some gemstone necklaces and stoped into my local metal detector shop
to see if he had any gems and saw a beautiful Canyon Diablo * its now
sold and gone =[* But then thats when it hit me that this is something
I want to do for the rest of my life. So i got my first Campo Del
Cielo its a small 15.6g but it's still my first one ^^.

So i have been saving my money up and got a few more meteorites. so
within one month I got

Campo Del Ceilo - 15.6g
Gold Basin - 2.5g
Nantan - 4g
Canyon Diablo + some Oxide ones. *still can't seem to figure what
oxide meens tho?* total is 20.8g
Admire - 2g
Wolf Creek - 0.50g
And a Chergach with some really nice fusion crust one it. 3.7g

Now they are rather small and from what I hear they are called Micros?
But still such a small thing can make someone so happy ^^.

And also im thinking about joining the Meteoritical Society thanks to
Mike from Galactic-Stone.

Plans I guess for the future for me would be to go on a hunt and find
my first Meteorite, Buy and sell some Meteorites and make tons of new
friends ^^

Sadly I live in the Midwest and its not a to common place to find
Meteorites but then again I have seen some close falls on TV and
whatnot. So hopefully I can make it out to AZ for the next gem show
and get to meet most of the people on here.

Anyways that's enough about me and don't want to take up anymore time
than I have.

Thanks for reading.

Jesse Piper

PS.
My fiance Brit is letting me use her email so if it comes in as
Brittany Ermel I'm sorry xD