[meteorite-list] STOLEN meteorites - from Allen Shaw

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:39:10 EDT

Hello everybody,

I have just received this email from Allen. Please read, and do let me know
if you know anything.

PS: for those of you who do not know Allen, he has found many meteorites,
including: Independence, Delaware, St. Augustine, Hope Creek,...... and many
more.

Hello Anne,
Has anyone by the name Marylin or Robert Wright approached you to sell some
un-named meteorites? They are in possession of about ten of mine that were
stolen from me back in 2006. One is a Pultusk with a photocopy of the
original lable. The others are slices. I have tried to get back on the meteorite
central list so I can announce it to everyone, but I guess it takes a while
for Art to get around to it. Can you ask around and see if anyone else you
might know has been approached by them? If so let them know that they were
stolen from me almost 5 years ago. I'm working with local authorities as we
speak.
----Allen.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/