[meteorite-list] List Member Darryl Futrell (+2001, Aug 13)

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2010 07:37:23 UT

Hello List,

+ Darryl Futrell - gone but not forgotten +

Sun, 16 May 1999, Darryl sent me these lines:

"I have been a rock collector since I was a kid and that bug finally provided
me a car that would take me most anywhere in North America in my search for
rare rocks.

Over the next two and a half decades, I drove my Beetles and related vehicles
about 1.5 million miles on trips to Canada, Mexico, twice to Kentucky, twice
to Georgia, about 10 times to eastern Texas, and several times to volcanic sites
way up north. Also included were dozens of week-end trips to Southern California
deserts to hunt meteorites on dry lakes."

All Our Best to You, Darryl,
Enjoy your heavenly Peace,

Bernd