[meteorite-list] The most expensive meteorite per gram?

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:26:46 EDT

Hello,

I know we have discussed that before, but Adam I still have to disagree
with you.

Yes, Martians and Lunars are still high priced now, but not at all as high
as they were, and it is still a novelty thing. Some day people will realize
that they are not rare any more. Just look at the Met Bulletin:
Lunar: Total 131, non-Antartica: 101
Martian: Total 92, non-Antartica: 70
And they don't sell, I still have a bunch of them, I have lowered the
prices twice in the past, and I would gladly get rid of them if I got a
reasonable offer.

On the other hand, look at the truly rare ones: Aubres, Orgueil (fragment,
not dust!), Lodran, Winona,..... yes, historical pieces, and nearly
impossible to get. And truly expensive.

My two non-lunar cents.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 8/10/2010 1:18:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,