[meteorite-list] Spectacular Tektite on eBay

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 01:55:10 -0500

Hi Richard and list,

Thanks for bringing this beautiful tektite to our attention..(..AUSTRALITE:
Tektite, Meteorite from Western Australia..330458934895.....) although I
nearly had a stroke when I saw the price....WOW!!! $2,000.00 Aussie dollars,
$1,830.80 US dollars.
 Is this someone we know?
I don't recognize the seller Abba45 and there is no mention of belonging to
any group like the IMCA.

If I may quote here from her/his auction: " Fully flanged buttons are very
rare and a flawless one is worth anywhere between $2000 - $5000 depending on
size, shape and condition."

I think it's very nice, but at only 4.2 grams I wouldn't pay that much
unless it weighed about 200 pounds. ;-)

Have a great clear sky night and may a beautiful rare and expensive
meteorite fall into your yard tonight.

All the best!

Brian