[meteorite-list] BE CAREFUL OF RUMORS WITH WISCONSIN STONES.. Also Watch Out Meeting People Alone.

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:27:01 -0500

Hi Michael and list,

You gave good advice about not meeting any strangers wanting to meet to look
at their supposed meteorites.

I was afraid some con men and women would make it out there and possibly try
to rob someone. I hope it doesn't happen, but you are right. Be careful,
since you are out in the middle of farmland and stay in your car if anyone
does want to meet even if you are with someone and be ready to drive off and
burn rubber.

p.s. I can smell the ozone in the air, not that it couldn't be air pollution
here in Chicago, but the clouds are moving in and there's rain and storms
northwest of town, just in case anyone is going to O'Hare.

Take care, better hunting tomorrow for you folks, it should clear up and be
sunny and in the 60s by noon.

all the best,

Brian