[meteorite-list] WI update

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:59:29 -0700

Hi All,

First off, wanted to congratulate Joe on his nice 320g find. After
so many days in the field, you deserved to find a big one.

I put in about 30-35 miles of searching in my 2 1/2 days there,
and as others who have walked much greater distances will tell
you, that's probably only enough to have about a 50% chance of
finding a stone. Rumor has it Robert Ward walked a good 120
miles to make his two finds! Unfortunately, I was not so fortunate,
and came home w/o a find. But Sonny made a nice 144-gram find
on Wednesday searching the same farm where I spent most of that
day. That's two big finds for Sonny, this one without an assist
from Brix ;-)

All of the farmers I met were terrific, which even without a
find made the whole trip worthwhile. Special thanks to Terry
Boudreaux are in order, for he was instrumental in connecting
me with many of these fine people. (A personal referral from
Terry is pretty much as good as gold in this area; the locals
have nothing but glowing praise for him.)

I was happy to finally meet Eric Wickman and Karl Aston, and
it was fun hanging out with Sonny, Rob Reisener and Marc Fries
in the evenings back at the hotel, working out search area
strategies for the next day. Looking through my Inbox, I'm
sorry to see that I missed Mike Jensen -- didn't know he was
out there at the same time. Good luck out there, Mike, and
to the others braving the weather today!

Cheers,
Rob