[meteorite-list] 14.5g WI Fully Crusted beautiful Oriented StoneFor Sale (Ad)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:02:30 -0400

Hi Folks,

It was the Meteoritical Society that got me to sign up for Facebook.
The MS has had a Facebook page for some time now - they made an
announcement about it a couple of years ago, via snail mail, and I
joined. Over time, I discovered there are a lot of meteorite people
on Facebook. Many of the Moroccan dealers have FB, and I have
encountered many new collectors and buyers over FB. FB has surpassed
MySpace is overall traffic and it has a better educated and older
demographic. NASA has a big presence on FB with numerous pages
detailing it's various projects - all maintained by interns or NASA
staff.

For some people, FB is a mindless way to waste time, for others it can
be an enhancement to their hobby/field. It has enriched my meteorite
collecting experience by putting me in touch with new people who I
would not have normally encountered in my usual online haunts.

There are several Meteorite-related interest groups on FB and many
dealers and collectors maintain profiles that are updated with new
acquisitions.

And for dealers - FB drives a ton of traffic to my website. If you
don't have a FB presence, you are losing sales.

Here are links to my FB profiles, pages and applications -

Profile - http://www.facebook.com/galacticstone

Group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126465291277

Business Page -
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lutz-FL/Galactic-Stone-Ironworks-Meteorites-Minerals-Trinitite/135105032081