[meteorite-list] LPL Catalina Observatories Open Day

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:32:14 -0700

For those of you in the Tucson area, or those who will be visiting on May 22nd,
we, along with the Mt. Lemmon Sky Center will be hosting an open house on Mt.
Lemmon. This open house is part of the ongoing festivities for the Lunar and
Planetary Lab's 50th anniversary celebrations.

Most of the CSS team will be on hand, and in addition to the other activities,
our 1.5-m (60") telescope will be open for tours. As you all know, this is the
telescope that discovered 2008 TC3, the parent body of the Almahata Sitta
meteorites.

We'll also be giving demonstrations on how we search for NEOs. I will be just
coming off a three night run on this telescope, so we'll probably be able to
show you images of our latest discoveries.

While the open day is free and runs from noon to 6pm, space on the site is very
limited, so all of our guests will need to register no later than May 14th.
Unfortunately only those who register on time will be permitted on site.

To find out more information and register, please visit:

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/forms/openday/

--
Richard Kowalski
Catalina Sky Survey