[meteorite-list] OFF-TOPIC - Fake Lunar Landing Response

From: Warren Sansoucie <warren3174_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:51:01 -0500

Phil / List,

Yes, the Japanese did take several photos of landing sites. No, this did not deal a death blow for conspiracy theorists. They are arguing a belief they have accepted as fact. For them, it is akin to arguing religion.

You could have their own siblings doing back flips on the moon accompanied by both parents and a notary all wearing clocks like Flava Flav and they still wouldn't believe it. They would think the government and Public Enemy got to them and brainwashed them.

Your point about the Russians is noted. It also drives my point stated earlier. The Russians would have called us out. We didn't pay them enough money to be quiet this long. They are broke in that region. Someone would be offering to go on a conspiracy show by now.

Buzz Aldrin punching someone for bringing up the hoax is all the proof I need. A man with his composure losing his temper shows the insult he felt when confronted with such nonsense.

I could believe in flies fossilized in meteorites or skin cell chondules before I believe that the lunar landing was a hoax.

Warren Sansoucie