[meteorite-list] AD: Wisconsin Fireball Meteorite Fall Part Slices on Ebay NOW 1 day

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:43:07 -0500

Uh, excuse me, Wait a minute, ok..... Something doesn't sound right here at
all. I hate to be the buttinsky here and call anyone out, but as I
understood it all the collectors/dealer/.amateurs/locals HAD to PAY the
Farmers and Landowners Before They Left The Property with What They Found
and not 1 week or 1 month or 6 months or 1 year after they walked off the
property what money the meteorites were worth.

Everyone PAID Upfront, not a day later nor next week or next month nor next
year.

People are reading about selling on ebay and then commenting that they
understand that the meteorites have to be sold so that you can "Pay the
Farmer" after they sell???? That is a Load of Crap.

No one up there signed a contract with those landowners and farmers and
showed their Driver's license or gave them their address to wait for
payment. Those farmers are not idiots. They did NOT let anyone walk off
their land without paying up for what was found unless people hid meteorites
or ran off the property like some guy did on Friday and then the farmer
chased everyone off and said no more hunting.

All people up there HAD to Pay the farmer a fee such as $50 per day per
person to hunt and then you had to show your meteorites to the landowner and
they weighed them and you had to pay at that time $4 per gram for your half.
It was a 50/50 deal. If you had a 20 gram meteorite, then it was 20 x $4
=$80 and then you had to pay the farmer $40.

If this isn't correct, then please correct me now, because this is what 100
other hunters were doing and there is no Dumb Landowner that I know of that
took anyone's word and is sitting back watching ebay to see how much these
meteorites are going to sell for and is going to watch for the mail or watch
Paypal for his half to magically appear.

Aren't I right?