[meteorite-list] Is "Livingston" to Wisconsin what Holbrook was to AZ?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:04:19 -0400

Hi Listees!

I was just pondering all of the attention that the new Wisconsin fall
is getting, and it made me wonder about some comparisons. It seems to
me that this fall has some things in common with Holbrook. Both were
witnessed falls that captured a lot of attention at the time. Both
were hammer falls. Both were widespread events with a large
strewnfield and numerous seperate finds. Could this new fall continue
to produce significant finds in coming years? It seems that this
bolide came in at a shallow angle with multiple detonations, so we
have a mess of meteorites waiting to be found out there, methinks. :)

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG