[meteorite-list] Nothing wrong with "just west of Mineral Point"

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:39:44 -0700

Hi Dirk,

I have to agree with Richard -- I find no real fault with the article.
The stone pictured does indeed look like a meteorite from this fall.
"Just west of Mineral Point" is a perfectly believable meteorite
landing point, particularly if "just west of" means a couple miles.

I don't think people appreciate how long this strewn field will
eventually turn out to be. The entry angle on the meteoroid was
less than 10 degrees from horizontal, and for even a single
fragmentation event at an altitude of 28 km, my model spreads
meteorites in the 3-gram to 10-kilo mass range over 20 miles.
Since there were additional fragmentations below 28 km, the
strewn field is likely to be longer still.

--Rob