[meteorite-list] Photocopier Hard Drive [WAS: Online PDF files of The Yale Peabody Museum Publications]

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:14:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 4/21/10, Paul H. <oxytropidoceras at cox.net> wrote:

> An unrelated, but very interesting article is:
>
> Your new ID-theft worry? Photocopiers Experts
> aren't aware of any known incidents but say
> potential is very real, MSNBC, March 14, 2010
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17597505/ns/technology_and_science-security/
>
> Yours,
>
> Paul H.

I saw this same story on CBS a few days ago. Frightening!
It makes worrying about harvesting email address or someone changing the word "at" to _at_ pretty unimportant.

Entities I have no control over giving away my medical records, personal information, social security number, credit card information are a MUCH bigger concern to me.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography