[meteorite-list] Thanks for the congratulations

From: James Baxter <jbaxter112_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:34:12 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all the list members who sent congratulations.

Wow! What a rush it is to see that first meteorite ever, especially when it's a fresh fall. After striking out (other than Mike's generous gift of one if his stones) on my one day of looking in West, Texas, I flew out here with some trepidation. I expected to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and to see some pretty countryside but to come away empty handed. I was truly lucky. As Greg pointed out the stones seem to be far more sparse than they were in West.

I can't thank Mike Farmer enough for his help. He encouraged me when I expressed the crazy idea of coming out in the face of reports of the difficulty of hunting this fall and introduced me to a site where stones had been found and where I could pay a fee to search.

Regards,
Jim Baxter