[meteorite-list] WKOW Report and UW Geology Museum

From: mlangen <lmlangenfeld_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:18:33 -0500

I spoke with UW Geology Museum director Rich Slaughter last night, and he
told me that WKOW-TV reporters never spoke with him or his staff. So, he
assured me that the report's suggestion that hunters are a less-than-honest
lot didn't come from the museum, even though it could be read that way. I
have known Rich for a number of years, and he is a straight shooter. He was
disappointed in the station's reportage, too, and offered his apologies to
anyone who might have been offended.

Mark

P.S. If anyone decides to take a day off from the field, I think the museum
still has a pretty nice array of meteorites on display (including a few you
don't see very often) at Weeks Hall on the UW campus in Madison.