[meteorite-list] Museum investigation: 'Probably a rock, not meteorite'

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:24:41 -0400

Steve,
This St. louis Meteorite is interesting. What if the car had been driving on private land? As discussed previously on this list, this should be referred to in the Lorton Court Case. As that meteorite also never did hit actual Earth. It hit legally rented space and was found in much the same way as a car that hits a telephone pole. Do you say the "pole found the car"? I think not! Yes, Lorton was found but was much more than that. It was a "Fall". Silly?

http://www.meteorman.org/St_Louis_Meteorite.htm

--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax