[meteorite-list] message from Vincent Jacques

From: Warren Sansoucie <warren3174_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:38:00 -0500

Hello list - Vincent,

  I have several pieces that ,once cut ,look very similar to yours. Interesting that it was confirmed to be a meteorite. All of mine that look like that reside in my "wrong" jar along with all the other hematite and magnetite pieces sold to me as meteorites.

I can't really contribute to your search for more information, but I would be interested in what you do find out.

If anyone ever wants to look at any of my 'culls' for the off chance there is something to be discovered, let me know and I will get them to you. If any list member finds that we have something of interest or value, they can keep the portion I send them. Otherwise, the pieces may remain in the jar with the picture of Happy Madison proclaiming , "The price is wrong, Bob!".

I understand the problem with lab time and the good folks working there not having the time to investigate a possible weathered and rusty find.

I'm sure you could convince a scientist to work it in... if you offered to build a new wing for the university.

Warren Sansoucie