[meteorite-list] SCORPION BIGHT Western Australian main mass for sale

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:35:41 +1000 (EST)

Listoids

Ill health obliges me to re-list my SCORPION BIGHT (Western
Australia)meteorite main mass uncut individual for direct sale at bargain
basement prices...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230460260229

ULTRARARE UNIQUE WESTERN AUSTRALIAN METEORITE MAIN MASS

Approx 400 g - fayalite number confirms a H classification - precise
details of the find co-ords and details of who has done the microprobe
analysis will be supplied to the successful buyer

$6000 is a bargain basement price with the market value already at a
significantly higher price... there is a premium on Australian chondrites
given their scarcity on the private market - the fact that this is a main
mass and the proposed name of SCORPION BIGHT (Australia's most ferocious
meteorite) adds to this premium - I cannot conceive of any other
opportunity for you to accession a WA meteorite main mass

Little to be done now to submit this to metsoc except for a physical
description - easy enough to do that simply from the photographs I'll
upload to ebay later today - I do not believe this find is paired with
BURNABBIE far far outside a pairing ellipse and the physical appearance of
the matrix is significantly different from the published and freely
internet available physical description of BURNABBIE

Market value has already been established at twice the listed price so
this is an excellent long term investment apart from being your only
opportunity for accessioning an Australian meteorite main mass

The sale is not about me raising funds to pay for my medical treatment -
this is already covered by my employer

The sale is simply the solution to my moral dilemma that I cannot donate
this to an Australian Museum because it will likely be later
on-donated/on-sent to the Western Australian Museum on a curator to
curator basis

My moral dilemma is that I cannot allow this to end up at the Western
Australian Museum simply because I believe that a personality cult there
was the genesis and architect of the harsh meteorite legislation enacted
not only there but at other State and Federal levels

I believe that this has resulted in an endstate destructive to our beloved
hobby and literally meant that little if any new Australian meteorites
have been classified for the last decade - hardly the initial intent
but...

Due to Orwellian legislation I can only post a successful sale to an
Australian address

What oyou do it from there is your responsibility - not mine

Any questions to me at admin at qmig.net please