[meteorite-list] New American "Lunar" on ebay

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:43:21 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, I better break out the checkbook. It sounds like this guy knows what he is talking about. It is like all of the other strange multimillion dollar offerings on eBay lately. I noticed that none of these fake stones look like Dimmitt or any other ordinary chondrite, only high-priced pieces.

Just like I suspected, the guy who I returned the 4 million pairing to Sonny's stone is not pleased with me. He still holds onto the hope that it is exactly like the one on TV and claims it even smells the same even though he has never smelt Sonny's stone. He claims I kept a piece for myself since the weight is different after I returned it and he will be watching my auctions to make sure I don't sell any of it. I think the tar ball may have dried out a little during transit. It would not surprise me at all to see it on eBay.

My advice is stay away from these people and do not encourage them. They having been coming out of the woodwork like mad lately.

Best Regards,

Adam